Increasing Your Want Factor! And Trick Yourself Into Wanting to Want to Do It!
How do you want to want to do something that you aren’t super crazy about even wanting to do in the first place, but you know that when you do that thing that it will be good for you?! Haha, I’ve got you! Here is an exercise that you can do to walk yourself through how to increase your want factor so that you can stop avoiding doing the very thing that you know will take you to the next level!
(If you are struggling coming up with ideas of how to get your want factor to go from a 0 to a 10, then maybe just try to play with getting it to a 3 or a 5! Even small shifts will make the biggest impacts and truly rock your world! Meet yourself where you are at, and grow from there! 😉 xoxo,)
OK, Let’s do this! You know the drill – Get out your pen and paper and write down whatever comes to mind! 😉
1. What is one thing that you want to want to do?
I want to WANT to exercise.
2. Why do you want to want that thing? How will your life be different once you do that thing? AKA – WHY do you even want to want to do it in the first place? What is the end goal? What are the benefits? What are the rewards? What are the desired outcomes? Write it all down! 😉
Example – My Why …
I’m ready for a new standard for my body! This is about optimal strength and health! No settling and no mediocrity allowed! I want to be even more fit, foxy, lean, cut, tight, toned, and strong! I want to make sure that I maintain the epic SEXY body that I fought hard to create, and then do one even better than that, and take it to the next level and make it even better! I want to inspire others to know that they too can make the changes, and I’ll LEAD the way be doing it and having a TON of FUN with it!
Right now – Core is not strong and I have lower back pain. It will be liberating to be pain free!
Purpose – Growth, progress, challenge, competition, fun, connection with accountabilibuddy 🙂 Maintain the body that I worked hard to create, and up my sexy factor – taking my body sculpting to the next level – epic uplevel ahead! WOO!!
Plus – More energy, my digestive system is always rocking at optimal levels when I work out, and I feel AMAZING, and I love a flat tummy so I can wear tight fitted clothing, and some of my tight dresses that show off my curves when I go on dates with my man! 🙂 It’s also an aspect of me walking my talk and SHOWING the world, that you CAN have it ALL, AND look and feel sexy while doing it all! WOOO!!!
And on top of all of that, I will take my dog Izzy with me on my adventures – Long walks, running, hiking, etc – that way her and I have more time together and we BOTH benefit from the workout and adventures! And I will incorporate my man Joe into the fun too so that I can really make this a connection opportunity in my life. And I will find as many ways as possible to trick myself into a workout, by finding super fun things that will be getting me in shape – Like finding new hiking trails to explore, and going to an indoor trampoline park, etc. 🙂
3. On a scale of 0 to 10, what is your current level of desire for wanting to that very thing?
Currently my want factor is at about a 3.
4. What do you want your want factor to be at? And WHY that number specifically.
I want the want factor to be at an 8. Why? – Because I do not want to become obsessed with it, or at a total extremist at a level of 10 (been there in the past and I didn’t feel balanced), however I would like to make this something that is a part of my every day routine, and part of my self love standard! 😉
5. What would have to happen in order for you to WANT to do that thing at the level that you WANT to do it at? (Think about what you would need to have your focus on when you are gearing yourself up to do that thing, what to focus on while you are doing that thing, what you would need to add or remove from your environment, what you would need to do?
What would have to happen in order for you to WANT to workout on a level 8?
- I would need to focus on the end goal – Fit, Foxy, Lean, Cut, Tight, Toned, and Strong!!!
- Create a vision board that reminds me of my WHY and pulls me forward.
- Create an accountability structure – Either hire a Personal Trainer, or find an accountabillibuddy to do the journey with me! Someone who I know will be there by my side for the journey and I’ll be accountable to check in with!
- Find a community / tribe of peeps that can do this with me, that will make me feel inspired, ignited, and motivated!!!
- Make dates with friends to go to cross training so that I actually go – and/or sign up for the class in advance so I pay for it in advance and go!
- SCHEDULE it! Like in stone! With some kind of accountability for it – Wether a friend is doing it with me and we put it on the books,
- Specific and measurable goals!! Have a system in place to track progress, measure it, and specific deadlines for each incremental goal! With the goals broken down into super tiny bite sized chunks – And FUN goals – Like – Do a pull up! Which would allow me to FEEL strong and badass once I can do it, AND will be an awesome way to track my progress!!! 😉 And another playful way to track progress is a Result / Outcome – Mission Green Bikini Bottoms – Get in the best shape and health of my life!!!! (This is a fun and playful way for me to know when I have achieved my outcome, which is how the green bikini bottoms look and feel on me!!! Right now they are a bit tight and too small, and I’m on a mission to change that!!!! WOO!!)
- I know that the more I do it and see and feel results that I will want to do it more! It becomes quite addicting actually! So I need to remind myself of this too!!!
- Create an epic sexy vision of myself on the beach, with my man, and I am gliding around, strutting my stuff as we are on a tropical adventure filled paradise getaway! And keep that vision at the forefront.
- Start every morning with looking at the vision board – Have it out in plain site, all day every day And have reminders of the end goal in all of the places that I frequent!
6. What would you have to believe in order for your want factor to increase your want factor to the level that you desire it to be at? And what would need to happen in order for you to believe that thing?
In order to increase my want to factor I would have to believe that working out is FUN. And in order to believe that working out is fun I would need to get crafty and figure out ways to “trick” myself into working out – AKA – Doing FUN adventurous things like slackline, trapeze. Skiing, dancing, indoor wall climbing, etc.
Also it’s more fun when I do it with people – So I’d need to recruit peeps to do it with me!! Create a tribe to do it! Have fun, be playful, support each other, and help hold each other accountable. Yaaay for epic sexy communities! WOO! For example I can throw Epic Sexy Adventure events that incorporate working out – Like an upcoming event I am planning with pole dancing to unleash our inner Goddess, roller skating to unleash our inner child, and a party bus where we can let loose and bust some moves! Its working out AND honoring my life’s core values of fun, adventure, connection, growth, etc!!! 😉
I would also have to believe that it is a standard in life that shows me that I matter! And that taking time for me every single day to sculpt my body, is an expression of self love! In order to shift my beliefs to truly believe that it is an expression of self love, I could make a mantra, affirmation, primary question power hitter that I can repeat to myself constantly until it was autopilot – SHOW me I matter / I MATTER!!!! / How can I show you today how much you matter?! Which for me is saying that when I take time out of my day to strengthen and sculpt my body, it is SHOWING me that I am loved, that I matter, and that I’m worth it – I love me!!!
To really cement it in, you can keep going …
How do you want to feel when you are doing this thing? (Excited? Energized? Happy? Optimistic? Etc.)
What would need to happen in order for you to be able to feel that way while you are doing that thing? How can you CREATE those feelings? Get creative!!!
Just play with this. Create your own custom recipe. Get creative. Get others to brainstorm with you so you can come up with ideas! Think outside the box!
And remember – If you are struggling, then just do one percentage increase at a time!!!! 😉 ONE thing at a time!!! ONE thing at a time! ONE thing at a time! Part of what holds us back from reaching our goals is when we try to do it all at once and burnout, OR we think about everything we have to do, get overwhelmed, and do nothing!
Get ahead of the overwhelm and burnout, and just do ONE thing at a time!
You’ve got this!
In Gratitude, and Infinite Light & Love…